Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Garden Junk/Art


We drove sixty miles in search of the perfect soft ice cream cone and happened on a shop full of metal stuff for the garden.
Eventually we found the ice cream and by that time the hummingbird and I had bonded.


In the picture above is another find;this metal ladder-like thing was leaning against a wall in a junk/art place and it was calling my name. See, it has the pull-down shelves on either side. I'll figure out what to do with this.
Really.
Since I don't have a live-in guy who knows how to fasten metal to stuff, I use twine for everything and it works very well.



I found this rake at an auction and actually thought I could use it--like, in a teeny tiny make-believe garden. In the real world, garden dirt is often mostly cement-like clay and this little guy would have been crumpled. He is sitting there until I get inspired and cleverly attach him to the fence.

Now I now Max could handle this job if he wasn't so lazy and myopic.
Anyway, it gives him something to aspire to.

No comments: