Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Garden tour Season is Over.

It's mid-July and the garden tour people have shooed us all away so they can stop weeding on a daily basis. Imagine the pressure when you know masses of strangers are going to judge your little patch of paradise.



I thought this garden entrance to the back was the loveliest of many,in St. Marys.



I look at beautiful window boxes like this and wonder--do they just toss it all in and hope for the best or do they start with a plan? Kind of tells you what my philosophy might be.


I'm a huge fan of no-lawn frontage and this one was well done.



On my home front, the lupine and lavender are co-mingling very artistically and I think--maybe some day I'll open the gate and let the viewers in. On the other hand, that means serious weeding and mulching.

I'll think about it, very very slowly.

No comments: