Monday, December 10, 2007

Tis The Season Of Kitschiness

I like over-the-top Christmas decorating and you can bet the farm I'm not a pop- the- tree- open- like- an- umbrella kind of person.

My tree is a zillion years old and probably made of the same stuff toilet brushes are made of but we remain faithful every year.

The Santas guard the stairs and as I wander down in the morning the hem of my robe tumbles them to the bottom. Consider that morning exercise, re-positioning them.

The cats take charge of re-arranging the village. They also like to chew the artificial snow although they are beginning to see that it isn't that flavorful.
This is the village before the daily re-arranging.

Horse is always a good sport although the season is lost on him. Personally I think he prefers St. Pat's Day.
Anyway, for those of us there who belong to the school of too much, hang together people; the pop-up people are slowly encroaching on our territory.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I love the parade of Santas down the stairs.

bozoette said...

Yes, I too love the Santas! I think I will do my decorating this weekend.

OldRoses said...

Santas on the stairs! What a great idea. I haven't been able to display my Santa collection since I sold my piano. Thanks for the inspiration.