Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Remember Summer

A giant finger poked a hole in the heavens and the stuffing is falling out. It's snowing hard.

This is a perfect time to look over the garden pictures from last summer.

The outside of my house resembles an army barracks. See for yourself.

I love puzzles and this was just one more to solve--how to make the place look more like, well, a house.

If I had a substantial amount of money then I could alter its appearance. On the other hand if I had a substantial amount of money I probably wouldn't have bought the place At all.

Anyway.

I was looking for the perfect contrast pictures--you now the kind. Perfect pristine lawn, no weeds, wheel barrow out of sight, no sign of litter boxes still drying in the sun, that sort of thing.

Apparently that kind of picture doesn't exist in my world so here we are three years later.
First, the house in its number-under-the-chin beginnings.

Here is the same vantage point taken last summer.




The barracks look is still there but the eye is diverted from the ugly sight.

Just think what I could have accomplished if I'd joined the army.

2 comments:

Millie's Unicorn Writings said...

I look forward to one day experiencing your yard during the summer months!
Love Mill

bozoette said...

Wow! Want to come down and work your magic on my backyard? ;-)