Thursday, October 18, 2007

Books and More Books

I introduced my kids to the library system at an early age and they have had a love affair with books ever since.

In our early days in Richmond Hill, the library was one large room in the old town hall. The prim librarian said that four-year old Scott couldn't have his own card until he could write his name. Yes, printing would do. Back at home,he quickly nailed this new skill, thus satisfactorily dealing with his first taste of bureaucracy.

When I recently stayed for a week at my son Mike's house minding the kids, his books (and Lorrie's) kept me company while I read myself to sleep.

Here's the view from one side of the bed.


And the other


And here's the overflow.



All serious readers also have a stash in the bathroom, but I figure you get the idea without the photo.

2 comments:

Lovey Dovey said...

The love of books definetly runs in the family. I have to skim through mine at least once a year and get rid of the ones I won't read again, to make room for the next batch.

Steven said...

I travel a lot so I always carry a book with me. I even read in checkout lines. Stephen King says that good writers are prolific readers. He reads everywhere he goes. He even listens to audio books while he travels. My only difference is that I have to give my books away as I read because I have to travel light. Happy reading Mom!