Friday, August 10, 2007

Almost Harvest Time

I like the way the petunias spill out of the planter. I've been harvesting the same seeds for years now.

This is when I'm reminded of my vow to add at least three of one plant to make more impact. The poor coleus is fighting for attention.

the zebra grass was planted last summer. Already it's making a statement.

I've never planted pumpkins before and until they began turning orange I thought they were the largest squash I'd ever seen.
Surprise.
And look at that cantaloupe tucked away beside them. It's really a normal size.

Meanwhile, Max stands guard at the upstairs bedroom window. His voice is more like a lisp so he doesn't scare away anything that flutters by, but he pretends he's a tough guy.

1 comment:

bozoette said...

Those pumpkins look grand -- I have a sudden desire for a slice of pumpkin pie!