Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Harvest Trickles In

My little patch of heaven is small, very,very small. Therefore my harvest is also on the small side.
The first of the tomatoes are picked and they quickly became four jars of salsa.

I'm not scientific about my tomato choices--some Romas and something large,round and red and I have no idea what their official names are.Which begs the question--what is that little gold pellet doing there?


Well, a friend raved about their flavor and I agree, they do have a nice flavor. Trouble is, I do not like itsy bitsy anythings hanging around the garden and in my house, no one likes them in salads. Okay, I don't like them in salads.

Hello Beautiful. This is the fun of being a casual but devoted gardener--taking that first walk of the morning and discovering a newly blooming gorgeous lily I'd forgotten about.


I really must get a grip and start memorizing the names of these things.

No comments: