Monday, July 30, 2007

The Shed Saga

I got a wonderful buy on a garden shed,with many pieces and neatly taped into a flat box.

My son the Nomad Carpenter was around and he volunteered to assemble this beautiful object.

Well.

It's the old case of someone writing the directions in ancient Sanskrit, then finding someone to translate it into English.

The sketch clearly indicated that the door would go in the narrow end. Wrong, oh so terribly wrong.

First, Nomad smartly built a sturdy floor.


Then he had to deal with the instructions.

Finally the unhelpful plans were tossed and Nomad assembled the shed the way a non-Sanskrit reading person would do it and now we have come this far.

True, the sliding doors are not quite into place but there was a unanimous feeling that we should go indoors and see about creating a voodoo doll.
I know I'll love my shed.
It will just take a while.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I have that same shed - written in the same sanskrit. It took mother and I 3 days to build and we were very proud of ourselves when we were done. I must say that I should have paid more attention to my latin courses in school... maybe it would have helped in the directions...

Best of luck to Nomad!

Emma

J.P. said...

Emma, you and your mother deserve a medal for persisting through the maze of instructions.

Enjoy!