Sunday, July 22, 2007

How I spent My Summer Vacation

This is my favorite nine-year old granddaughter, Sweet Pea. Actually she is my only nine-year old granddaughter.

Her mother is a firm believer in surrounding the child with books and art work materials and then the child's imagination can do the rest on a slow day.

She has her own cleverly constructed work desk in the living room created from the base of an old treadle sewing machine. Recently she spent a day reorganizing it with paper bags full of crayons, markers and what have you carefully labelled and taped around the sides.

Now she is occupied with creating little animal toys and soon everyone she knows will be a lucky recipient of one.

Next she has her eye on making a wardrobe for her senile cat, who can be seen sitting beside her.

You go girl!

1 comment:

bozoette said...

I'd love to see the cat-fashion show!