Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Garden fun

At last, after forty days and forty nights (okay maybe a week) the rains and high winds disappeared and summer has returned, taking baby steps.

While I was tapping my foot and staring out the window last week, I figured out a no- cost solution to protect my precious though ungrateful orchid plants during their summer outdoor vacation.

The problem is there's no shade around my place. Not anywhere. So I hauled out a retired wire cart from the basement and the plants camp out there on the deck with a recycled plastic chair cover protecting them from the elements at night.

I uncover them in the morning, leaving the plastic shade roof overhead, and they should thrive. And bloom as well, if they have any compassion.



The nursery plants I bought last week during the rain and wind were looking pretty sad,abandoned on the deck but most of them are now planted.

The deck looks as though a mini cyclone blew through but it was just me, filling pots and delivering them to the perfect spot.

Then I ran out of energy so step two, the tidying up step happens tomorrow.



I accidentally snapped off the stalk of the beautiful parrot tulip but it's having a secomd life inside.

No comments: