Thursday, May 25, 2006

Don't Rain On My Garden Parade

7:15 AM. The weather report calls for showers off and on through the day. I jetison my tea mug and race outside to see what can be done in the garden before the damp invasion.

7:22AM. My daughter is coming over at ten to finish enlarging a garden bed. Hah! I think; I'll just continue where she left off yesterday and won't she be surprised.

7:24 AM. I can't believe the shovel didn't bend in two, or that my wrist doesn't require medical intervention. That earth is a mixture of cement and Crazy Glue. Nothing budged. I guess I won't call off the Duchess. Also made a mental note to stay on her good side.

I did get a couple of bags of Cow Poo (yes, that is its name) in place and then it was time to tour the back forty. This can be done in three minutes so I will forego the time checks.

First stop: a good morning to Julius who is trying to blend in with the other critters and he does quite well.Personally I think he's got a crush on one of the phoney folk.
The Hosta was a baby I brought from the old place almost two years ago. It's a happy camper.
One forget-me-not stowed away with other plants brought along on the move and now the entire garden is ablaze with blue. Fortunately I love it since it would take too much energy to send it packing.







Now it's mid afternoon and still not a drop of rain but the garden work is done.

2 comments:

Lovey Dovey said...

I love the forget-me-nots. All that beauty with little effort.

Steven said...

I love the way the 'real' frog has the same exact expression on his face as the porcelin frog. Great photo!