Friday, October 28, 2005

It's a Good Thing?

I am a task- oriented person. I don't consider this to be a great thing, but that's just the way it is.

My old system worked nicely; I had dozens of little slips of paper on my desk with a task written on each one and the day I intended to accomplish it.

Then along came my son Steve, breezing in from Thailand and Calgary (don't ask) and he carried a planner at all times. Probably takes it to bed with him but I didn't check.

Next thing I know my little slips of paper are gone and everything is written neatly in my very own planner and I wasn't allowed to buy one at the thrift store either.

Now It's all there in one place and for a task-oriented soul it's torture. You think I can take the day off, sip tea and simply read a book in one sitting? Not any more.

There are blank pages waiting to be filled.

At least with the little slips of paper system, some of them were used as library book marks and that was the end of them but this way, nothing gets away from the evil planner.

It's like a narcotic--I've got to have my planning fix every day or I'll start to twitch.

Here is today's list.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

there is one redeeming factor--you can draw in a horizontal arrow and that means it can be done tomorrow.

I love Steve dearly but I privately thought he looked a little dorky marching around town with that little book under his arm and now I am another dork.

I can hardly wait to see what I am doing tomorrow.

2 comments:

Abhijit said...

hello...

nice blog this one....i am from india, and presently staying away from my family...alone....i miss them dearly....reading your blog made me realize how much they mean to me....and how much i possibly mean to them.

thanks

J.P. said...

Thank you Abhijit and welcome.
I tease my family members in my blog but they do mean the world to me.