Saturday, February 5, 2005

Just the Furball and Me

A human hurricane blew into my house for two months and now he’s gone. The hurricane was my son Steve, who arrived here from the west to regroup after a crisis in his personal life.

It was fun having a grown up child in the house. This one has more electric energy than twenty humans and fortunately for us all, he uses it for good instead of evil.

Before his arrival, I had mastered the art of living a single, quiet life, just the cat and me.

It’s only been a couple of days and I’m slowly finding my way, remembering the many good aspects of alone-ness.
Silence is okay. I can return to talking to myself and I’m a great audience. I get up when I want, eat when I want and more to the point- this is the big one, when I’m ready to leave the house, car keys in hand there isn’t anyone to say,” wait a minute, I’ll come with you. I just have to…”

I hope the hurricane blows in again after his newest journey is done. In the meantime I’m finding my way back to that old comfortable way of life.

And he did teach me how to Blog.


1 comment:

Steven said...

You can run but you can't hide Mom. Here I am sitting in an internet cafe, still keeping an eye on you. I feel your love from here. Give a big wet kiss to the cat and tell her I'll throw her off my bed as soon as I get back. Love you,