Monday, February 14, 2005

The Fur Ball Is On Her Next Adventure

Shariyat finally took her leave last night.
We had a sweet morning. Melissa and I took turns holding her, wrapped in a towel. She was fur and bones and her backbone dug into our arms. She was content to be held and her eyes had the faraway look of a journey already underway.

Her fur was cold to the touch when we stroked her head.

During her lifetime the little fur ball seldom made a sound. Most often, she would mouth the “meow” sound but you wouldn’t hear it.

I went out for a while last evening and when I returned, she had taken her leave.

Goodbye silent one. I miss you.

3 comments:

~~ Melissa said...

I'll miss her too. She was a most unusual yet loveable little creature.

Steven said...

Thank you for being there for me when I needed you Shariyat. Baraka Bashad my friend.

bozoette said...

I'm sorry you had to lose Shariyat.