Monday, June 6, 2011

I'd Better Get A Plan



I'm slowly working my way toward a brick-paved back garden, with not a blade of grass to be seen.
What with the monsoons and all things haven't progressed.

We had the abortive start seen above,getting a start at laying bricks but that plan wasn't well thought out on my part so we start again.
As soon as I find more bricks.

The scene below is taken from the deck and right now it's a hazardous course for my less than nimble feet.

However, I cling to my dream and soon this will be a thing of beauty.





I stumble over these humps several times a day, revelling in what it will soon become.



This center area was initially a raised bed to hold my squash and pumpkin and now the plan is to fill it with flowering shrubs, as the centerpiece.

I imagine the family eventually following me into this place--tearing it all out to make room for a swing set.

That's life.

In the meantime, I'm having fun.

1 comment:

MsGraysea said...

You are just amazing, Pat. Your vision is propelling you forward yet I think the process is very enjoyable for you. Hope you've had an end to the rain. We are having a lovely week here on Cape Cod.
Cannot wait to see progress pics.