Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monsoon time


A lot of seedlings are itching to get outside but the rains keep coming and if I gave into temptation, the poor little guys would sink into muddy oblivion.The geraniums appear to be happy where they are.Crystal ball is wisely staying out of the when-will-the-rain-stop guessing game.

The only sunny corner of the kitchen counter has been usurped by the orchids and the Christmas cactus, which gave over its original space to more needy plants.

the first overflow of petunias landed here in the family room, nudging my beloved horse sculpture off the pedestal and to the back of the sofa. The hibiscus stays where it is because its heavy.

The petunias under lights are really getting anxious. Why the empty containers? It's my convoluted plan for keeping the colors sorted. fortunately so far it's working.

And now here's the study where I spend a lot of time. A couple of orchids I just divided--I'm waiting to see if that was a success, a miniature rose and tucked away, some cantaloupes growing from seed. Growing slowly I might add.
So there they are.
Waiting.

No comments: