Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Danny


He's my newest great grand kid and a real keeper.
His mom is the size of a minute and how she managed to birth that little lump is beyond me.
He has gained a couple of pounds in the six weeks or so he's been around and he's very mellow.
Sure, pick me up; rock me if you want; I'll let you know when I'm ready for the next meal.


I held him for the first time when I visited his other great grandma in Richmond Hill and Danny was the guest of honor. My hostess tactfully held the cat while I got dibs on the little guy.
That's his grandpa on the left, the new grandma beside him and the parents on either side of me.
His parents are of the hush puppy side of the family--very quiet and soft-spoken. The other side is more verbal and fond of center stage so this yin/yang works out well for both. One side gets to perform and the other side becomes the audience.
Funny-when Hal and I started out as a married couple I never visualized this moment.
Such a bonus.

No comments: