Friday, October 13, 2006

A winter Preview

Yesterday I went through all the machinations of a woman about to give birth--I got into a tidy-up frenzy.

Clearly my objective was to winterize the yard and it had to be done NOW, this minute.

I wrestled tarps around anything that hinted at summer and soon the air conditioner, tables and chairs were lost to view.

The geraniums were uprooted and stored in the garage, a final suet treat into the feeder and then that will be tucked away to encourage the sparrows to turn into Snow Birds down south.

When I figured I was done, the wind was noticeable and I came inside just in time to watch the first snow squalls of the season and they were nasty.

We generally get a pleasant fall until Hallowe'en but not this year.

The mirror on the front porch took a direct hit.



The tree in front resembled a Christmas scene.



This was the Beech tree a couple of days ago.



And here it is this morning.



I don't think Fall is done yet but this is a detour I could have done without.

Well, a pregnancy at my age would get me into the Guiness Book but I'll settle for spring fever gone astray.

No comments: