Sunday, June 18, 2006

Where have All The Critters Gone?


It's been a tense time around here lately. At the pond, the fish and Julius the frog have been out of sight and I worried that a predator had carried them away.

Reading up on similar problems online reassure me that they are there, just hiding out because they have either been frightened or it's too hot for them to come near the surface.

We've had several dramatic thunder and lighning storm recently so I'll bank on that for their disappearance.

I did get a couple of quick-as-a-flash orange sightings yesterday so I have hope.



All the other magnolias in town have bloomed and faded but mine are coming out one at a time and stay a couple of days. The poor tree was moved three times at the last place; I simply couldn't find a spot it liked. I brought it with me on this move and it's now settling in and beginning to thrive. Next year it might even bloom on time, just like its cousins.

The Bluebells are starting to bloom and reflect nicely in the mirror along with the masses of roses in the background.



Meanwhile, Hippo stands guard against any nightime marauders.

No comments: