Thursday, December 1, 2005

An Excuse To Decorate

I love the pageantry of Christmas; the world looks drab outside but indoors I have license to go over the top with embellishments.

I usually begin in mid November but restrained myself this year and started a week later.

The tree, lovingly called "Toilet Brush" has been pressed into service for something like twenty-eight years and the old girl is hanging in there.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

somehow the village survived the slap- dash packing away as well as a house move.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Santa collection has found a place to hang out and the carousel horse is trying to be a good sport.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The mirror reflects lots of color.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Superficial? You bet. I get the chance to play dress-up-the-house for a whole wonderful month.

And December flies by.

2 comments:

bozoette said...

You've inspired me! I'm dragging out the decorations this weekend.

Betty Lates said...

I like your blog and thank you for commenting on my blog. I hope I can see you soon. I like your Christmas tree.