Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Promise

I promised my grandkid, Elise a quilt for Christmas--two Christmases back.

It had been years since I'd made a quilt and this pattern was pretty straightforward, I thought. The trouble is, I developed eleven thumbs and had to keep ripping out ugly mistakes.

My new-ish sewing machine and I never got along from the first day and we were both miserable.

Finally, the quilt was done in time for this Christmas, loaded with errors and a heaping of love and I feel empowered to start again, especially since I bought a new sewing machine and we are totally in love and compatible.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is Ben, big brother to Elise. He was the shortest kid in his class during the primary grades and here he is in second year of hight school wearing size twelve shoes. He's funny and fun to be with.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wish you all the happiest of New Years.

1 comment:

bozoette said...

Good grief, those legs of his are never-ending!