Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back From Nowhere

I once worked with a woman whose presence in a room was enough to suck out all the air and vitality. Just like that.

I think of her in the spring when I go through a short but nasty bout of depression. it shows up out of nowhere when I would generally get excited about the snow melting and the bulbs beginning to shoot up.

The people I know who suffer from S.A.D. have their bad times during the winter but I seem to be stuck in a different time slot.

I begin to notice that every little decision becomes a monumental problem, a teasing remark cuts deep and I am into serious over-eating.

The cloud lifts as quickly as it fell and yesterday I knew it was done and my world looked good, really good.

There is thunder and rain today but I don't mind. the garden will get a good soaking.

Let the good times begin.

No comments: