Friday, March 5, 2010

If This Is spring, I'll Take It


The geese are straggling back into town although I'm not convinced that they ever left. There was a lot of random goose-honking overhead and in the woods all winter long.
This morning I mushed out on the deck over frozen/melting snow to check out the fish pond and what I can see isn't good. usually I see the heater circled by melted ice but instead today there is a thick covering of snow.
With luck the promised double digit temps this weekend will produce a functioning heater under there and all my fish will be intact.

The icicles cluster along the sieve-like part of the eaves trough. funny how they tend to look a little silly when the weather is turning milder. Or am I just ready for tulip season?
How did we manage before ornamental grass came into our lives? I'm going to find room for more of them this summer and do away with the last of the lawn in the back yard.
On to spring.

No comments: