Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is Heaven



We haven't had much summer weather in Ontario so we de-camped to Cuba where they specialize in forget-perspiration-this-is-sweat weather, with humidity to match.

Lovely.

I had no idea I could lie still longer than fifteen minutes and it turns out I can pass the day with book close at hand and study the ocean from over my toes.


Mind you, it didn't hurt that someone comes by every once in a while with cerveza (beer, very cold) nibblies of all kinds and the barbecue is steps away up the beach for those who don't wish to amble to the several restaurants dotted about the resort.

Thinking was reduced to the basics--which restaurant to try for dinner and is Fidel still alive? Personally I say no but it is a mystery, except, I would imagine, to the CIA.

No comments: