Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wet Weekend

The rain has been teeming down today so when it paused for breath, I rushed out with the camera.



I love the combination of dandelions and Forget-Me-Nots. They're going to show up no matter what so I stand back and admire them.

The garden evolves each year and I do my best to help it along. I just wait for clues.



This giant rhubarb almost jumped into my arms on my final nursery visit for the season and I tucked it in by one of the composters. I think it's going to be a nice fit. The big guy is already beating his chest and it's only May.



The Bleeding Heart was a good sport when I moved her from the last house and parked her in what I thought was a compatible spot. She seemed pretty indifferent about her new location so last fall I moved her over to the boggiest part of the garden and I think she likes it there. I haven't seen this much enthusiasm from her in years.

They make me feel more like a caretaker than a gardener; they're like my kids--always happy to tell me what I should be doing next, as long as I do it their way.

No comments: