Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Winter Siesta is Over

It's spring and people have been bouncing about shedding winter wear and beaming.

Except me.

It rained hard for a few days and usually I love rain, but not this time.This time, I hibernated. I went so deep inside that a shell walked around chatting with people but I was buried somewhere.

On Saturday morning at 6:30 I lined up in the rain with hundreds of tired would-be gardeners to pick up a rain barrel as a city project.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Things lightened up a bit when I galloped from place to place to observe two of my grandbabies trying out at the Kiwanis Music Festival.

They performed well and were rewarded for their efforts.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This morning I woke to sunshine and hibernation time is over. I'm into spring mode.

This is the view from my bedroom window and you can't see the under-window beds or the fish pond. What you see is promise.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have this dream--I want a tiny, perfect wooden shed in the back yard. It will have a stained glass window and a cedar shingled roof. And it will be made almost entirely from "found" objects. In this case, Habitat items, all rejects from old buildings and tear-downs.

My carpenter son Steve is returning soon from his nomad wanderings and after a few glasses of wine and lots of conversation I'll show him what I want to do. Okay, what I want him to do.

I think spring is here to stay, deep in my soul.

2 comments:

Steven said...

JP: What kind of wine?...

J.P. said...

All you can drink while you build.